Enrolment Requirements

To be allowed to enrol into Papakura Normal School the student must live IN ZONE. View the map for the zoning borders.


1. Students must live in the school zone area. Proof of residence is required in the form of a utility account or tenancy agreement.

In the case of boarding with family we require proof of residence of the host family, proof of residence of the boarding family, a letter from the host family confirming the living arrangements and a confirmation from a Justice of the Peace ie Family/Whānau Occupancy Declaration.

2. Birth certificate or passport

3. Proof NZ residence or student visa

4. Complete and sign the: (Download form or forms are available from the admin office)

    • Enrolment Form

    • Dental Authorisation Form

    • Cyber-Safety Agreement

    • Enrolment Letter

5. Our school has changed to the cohort intake system. Five-year-old children/tamariki starting school for the very first time can only start on the first day of every term and on the Monday of the middle week of the term. Children/Tamariki will now need to wait for the intake day that is after their 5th birthday. Our intake dates for first time 5-year-old school goers in 2021 and 2022 are as follows:

2021 New Entrant Intakes

Term 1 intakes:

2 February 2021 and 8 March 2021

Term 2 intakes:

3 May 2021 and 8 June 2021

Term 3 intakes:

26 July 2021 and 30 August 2021

Term 4 intakes:

18 October 2021 and 22 November 2021

2022 New Entrant Intakes

Term 1 intakes:

8 February 2022 and 14 March 2022

Term 2 intakes:

2 May 2022 and 7 June 2022

Term 3 intakes:

25 July 2022 and 29 August 2022

Term 4 intakes:

17 October 2022 and 21 November 2022

Note: In take days do not apply to ākonga/learners that have already attended a school before. Tamariki/Children who have attended school before start school as soon as possible.

Information regarding stationery and uniforms can be found here: